Rani The Diva
Welcome to Rani The Diva Forum

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum.Please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Thank You
Rani Mukerji in no mood to play 'Mafia Queen' 7239184

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Rani The Diva
Welcome to Rani The Diva Forum

At the moment, you are viewing the forum as a guest. As a guest you can't make post and participate in discussions. You need to register and become a member of the forum.Please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Thank You
Rani Mukerji in no mood to play 'Mafia Queen' 7239184

Rani The Diva
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rani Mukerji in no mood to play 'Mafia Queen'

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Luskamralus

Luskamralus

Rani Mukerji in no mood to play 'Mafia Queen'
Rani Mukerji in no mood to play 'Mafia Queen' Rani_m28

Rani Mukerji seems to be extremely choosy about her films. And what makes us say so is the fact that she ignored the idea of being a part of a film based on Hussain Zaidi’s latest book ‘Mafia Queens of Mumbai’. The book comprises of short stories of different women mafia in the city. What compounded to the amazement was when she refused to do the role even after Vishal Bhardwaj showed interest in acquiring the rights of one of the short stories from Zaidi to make a film on it.

On the occasion of the launch of ‘Mafia Queens of Mumbai’, Rani turned a deaf ear to the question of stepping into the shoes of female mafia for the film. She instead went on to say, “I haven’t yet read the book but I’m sure Zaidi is brilliant as I’m a great fan of ‘Black Friday’ the novel as well as the movie.”

Rani in fact didn’t show a slightest interest even when Vishal expressed his desire to make a film on one of the short of stories by saying, “I’m totally fascinated with Zaidi's writing and cinematic vision in the book. The most appealing fact about his writing is that he without being judgmental, puts just facts in the most interesting manner.”

Vishal also gave a hint of roping in Zaidi as a screenplay writer for his film. But alas, that too didn’t impress Ms. Mukerji much as she remained in her denial mode.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-rani-mukerji-in-no-mood-to-play-mafia-queen-2076544.html

Luskamralus

Luskamralus

I would love to play mafia queen, says Rani

Rani Mukerji in no mood to play 'Mafia Queen' Rani-810
Looking gorgeous in a saffron sari and pony-tailed hair, Bong beauty Rani Mukherjee was spotted at a book launch event that was held in Mumbai recently.
Reportedly, the actress, who won much critical acclaim for playing an audacious journalist in ‘No One Killed Jessica’, launched the renowned crime journalist Hussain Zaidi’s book ‘Mafia Queens of Mumbai’.

Based on women kingpins, the book chronicles the stories of all the ladies from Mumbai streets, who have carved a name for themselves and are remembered in the gangster world even today.

“Actress Rani Mukherjee and filmmaker Vishal Bhardwaj were the special guests who unveiled the book for the renowned author whose previous work includes the much acclaimed 'Black Friday: The True Story of the Bombay Bomb Blasts' which was later made into a film by Anurag Kashyap,” reported The Times of India.

Talking about the book, an excited Rani said that she would love to work as a mafia queen, if the book was made into a film.

Rani expressed, “I've never played such a character and this seems to be the perfect opportunity.”

Rani bags Phalke award
Meanwhile, during the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards 2011 that was held at Bhaidas Hall in Vile Parle, Mumbai on Tuesday, the actress was felicitated for her brilliant acting in ‘No One Killed Jessica’.

Veteran actor Dharmendra, who one the Phalke Ratan award for his over five decades long career in the industry, presented the award to the 33-year-old actress.

The 33-year-old Bollywood diva said, “This is my first award for 'Jessica...' and that too this award. So I'm very happy."

Tabloids also reported that the actress was getting along quite well with ‘Anjaana Anjaani’ star Priyanka Chopra, and the two happily posed for the shutterbugs.

Well, Rani will next be seen in Reema Kagti’s upcoming movie, which also features Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor.

http://www.totalfilmy.com/feature/20110506/i_would_love_play_mafia_queen_says_rani-33015.html

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum